- Job Title
- Fabrication Superintendent
- Job ID
- Lancaster, PA 17601
- Other Location
Our client specializes in the domestic and global distribution and fabrication of mechanical, industrial, commercial, building, metal building and HVAC insulation systems; OEM products; passive fire protection systems; architectural/acoustical ceiling, wall and flooring systems and a wide range of specialty products. We are proud of our company and our customer focus. We believe our history and commitment to the future sets us apart from our competitors, and we invite you to explore the world of SPI.
The Fabrication Superintendent position reports to the Area Manager-Fabrication and works closely with the Branch, District, Key Account Managers and Customer Sales and Service Representatives to supervise and maintain the fabrication facility labor and material.
- Direct, train, motivate and develop the fabrication labor force.
- Ensure that fabrication center safety programs are established, communicated and adhered to by all personnel while complying with all applicable safety regulations.
- Ensure that inventory levels support transfer requirement, while keeping inventory turns at target levels.
- Maintain equipment within facility to ensure safe and consistent operation.
- Assist in products and service issues, purchasing, scheduling, facility maintenance and warehouse/office housekeeping.
- Lead and upgrade organization by ensuring development and training is in place for all applicable personnel within the facility. Provide effective coaching to progressively improve performance.
- Associate’s degree in a skilled trade preferred.
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in fabricating insulation products.
- Ability to train, supervise, direct and teach other employees.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be proficient in ERP systems.
- Microsoft Access or database experiences a plus.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. and walk around fabrication facility daily.
- 10% travel is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.