- Job Title
- Promotable, Accountant
- Job ID
- Orangeburg, SC 29115
- Other Location
- Established over 40 years ago
- Family-owned, third generation
- $2-15 million size projects in NC, SC, GA and other Southeast states
- Over $20 million in annual revenues
- Over 60 employees
- Corporate office near Orangeburg, SC
What the Company Offers You:
- Hands-on training and mentoring from retiring controller
- Fierce loyalty from owners to dedicated employees
- Education & Training- Company advocates and supports continuing education and training such as construction accounting classes, certifications, seminars, software training, etc.
- Tuition reimbursement for college classes (subject to approval)
- Weekly communication to keep you updated on your co-workers and projects
- Ability to make impact by automating processes and improving use of technology
- Autonomy to get things done
- Flexibility on your work schedule
- Quarterly social outing with field team
- Excellent benefits package includes: Medical, Dental and Vision and Life Insurance, Profit Sharing Plan - earn money based on company profits (after 1 year of employment), short term disability, accident and lump sum critical illness insurance through AFLAC, and an employee assistance program to help ensure the well-being of you and your family.
- Average employee tenure of 10+ years
- Employee Comments:
- “I love this company. Working here has changed my life. . . You couldn't ask for any better in an employer.
- “Every single thing they’ve told me has been true.”
- “Awesome company to work for if they tell you something, they do it"
- “Good boss”
Your Role with the Company:
As the Assistant Controller-In-Training, you’ll be working under the direction of the retiring controller to learn the job inside and out before they move to a part time administrative role. You’ll ultimately oversee the work of one account payable employee and will weekly payroll, quarterly payroll returns for three to four states, prepare Work in Progress (WIP) reports monthly for all jobs, allocate equipment costs, reconcile multiple bank accounts, make journal entries, close books and prepare financial statements each monthly and handle licensing and tags for around 40 pieces of equipment. During the first year, after learning the day to day accounting, you’ll be charged with two projects 1) help the owners develop key performance metrics and dashboard reports, with the help of one of the system consultants 2) reduce the time required to close books and prepare financials.
Located Near Orangeburg, SC:
- Outdoor lover’s paradise - Enjoy year-round outdoor activities in the mild climate
- Centrally located - 75 miles from the beach, 41 miles from the Capital, multiple interstates
- Top Quality Healthcare – Home to the state’s largest health center
- Education – 4 higher education institutions
- Affordable housing and utilities
- Vibrant, active spiritual community
- Healthy agriculture and industrial business base employing over 8,000 people
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting
- Background in construction accounting
- Exposure to construction accounting system(s)
- Experience with a small accounting department or hands on role
About DK Cole and the Process:
DK Cole is a privately-owned executive search and consulting firm, specializing in construction, and we have been hired on retainer to conduct this confidential search by the client company. We will share all the details on our client company during the initial phone call, if the role makes sense for you, and your qualifications are suitable. Maintaining your confidentiality is a priority, so your resume will only be submitted at your approval and direction. We will keep you updated at every step in the process and appreciate your time and consideration of this opportunity. Please send your resume in Word, including a personal email address and mobile number where we can text or leave a voicemail for you during 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. hours.