The job you're applying for is no longer available; please search our other great opportunities by clicking 'ALL JOBS' above!
Associate Payroll Specialist
- Job Title
- Associate Payroll Specialist
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
What would you consider the job of your dreams?
One with a competitive salary? Excellent benefits? Room for growth? Job security?
How about the chance to work for an award-winning company while making a difference for hundreds of small businesses?
Insperity offers all of these, and we’re looking for talented people like you!
Insperity is a nationwide, financially sound company that is steadily growing. We just opened several positions due to this growth, including this one! If you haven’t heard of Insperity, please Google us! We handle all of the human resource functions, as well as various business services, for 100,000+ companies, and are constantly winning awards like “Best Company to Work For” across the nation!
Looking for some GREAT benefits? How does this sound? 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, tuition reimbursement and 100% matched 401k. Sound good? Keep reading!
Associate Payroll Specialist
Under moderate supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Services a specified number of clients by receiving employee paperwork, which will include new hires, edits and terminations. Maintains constant communication with clients to ensure appropriate paperwork is provided and ensures accuracy of paperwork completed. Sends appropriate paperwork, according to state requirements, to clients for each new hire. Upholds the integrity of the client and employee data base and ensures that all compliances are met.
- Receives payroll information via web and in some instances by remote entry from client. Processes payroll information and produces client specific payroll checks, invoices and standard payroll reports. Ensures accuracy of payroll input, balancing input to payroll worksheet. Ensures accuracy of payroll reports to client.
- Coordinates with the Finance Department when necessary and follows through with client to ensure funds are received. Provides backup documentation to Finance Department if needed for wires. Maintains accurate delivery instructions for each payroll in the system.
- Trains with team, Supervisor and Payroll Trainers to develop skills over time. Builds and maintains client load to that of a Payroll Specialist over the course of a year in order to gain payroll experience and knowledge of accepted payroll practices. Attends weekly department training meetings and reviews procedure manual on an ongoing basis.
- Establishes clear communications with client, employees and team members in order to better serve the client. Consults with Supervisor and Payroll Trainer when responding to new or different questions from clients and employees.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor's Degree in related field is preferred.
- 1+ years related work experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Position requires a basic understanding and entry level payroll knowledge.
- Assists in operating data entry equipment; maintaining and monitoring employee records with accuracy and detail with narrow time limitations; maintaining records, posting data and making arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy; clerical methods and techniques relating to maintaining large filing systems accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions, following established company policy guidelines; methods and techniques relating to establishing and maintaining customer service; communicating clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing; following verbal and written instructions; working independently from general instructions; and maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #ZR