BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Network Engineer - Sr.
- Job Title
- Network Engineer - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- San Diego, CA
- Other Location
The Senior Network Engineer candidate's duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, planning, evaluating Customer network systems
- Develop, review, and refine specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Provide specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Conduct testing of network systems.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluate and report on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Provide input on sustainment and obsolescence issues that will impact the fleet.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline.
• 10+ years supporting Customer networks across shore and ship applications.
• Security+ or equivalent industry certification
• CCNA or similar industry certification
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline.
• 15+ years supporting Customer networks across shore and ship applications.
• CISSP or equivalent industry certification
• CCNP or equivalent industry certification