BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Software Engineer - Sr.
- Job Title
- Software Engineer - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- San Diego, CA
- Other Location
The Senior Software Engineer candidate's duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing and debugging of applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducting multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determining user needs.
- Analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls
- Preparing operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensuring software standards are met.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline.
• 5 years experience as a Software Developer OR
• 10+ years performing Software Developer related activities
• Experience in waterfall and agile software development approaches
• Familiarity with Customer software validation/verification procedures
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• 10+ years in software development
• 15+ years in support of Navy programs across sustainment and acquisition activities
• Security+ certification
• DAU acquisition or related certification(s)