Administrative Secretary - Confidential
- Job Title
- Administrative Secretary - Confidential
- Job ID
- NEW YORK, NY 10036-7902
- Other Location
We are a privately held, SEC-registered, established investment advisor. We specialize in alternative investments and highly customized fund development. We are headquartered in New York City and centrally located with easy commute from anywhere in and out of New York City.
Your i’s never go undotted and t’s never go uncrossed, as your attention to detail is impeccable. For you, no task is too small or too big, you can do it all and you do it with pride. Your initiative and organizational skills will keep us running at top performance, while your enthusiasm and ideas will shape the environment in which we all work. You thrive under pressure and love a fast paced environment.
As the Administrative Secretary, you will be responsible for administrative support for the CEO and Senior Officers of this boutique asset manager in our Manhattan office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the shared office calendar, and update the company contact listing
- Direct reception and oversee booking of conference rooms for all visitors
- Maintain vendor files and equipment contracts; order kitchen/office/lavatory supplies; maintain numerous online vendor accounts.
- Maintain digital and in-house human resource files including updated addresses, benefits renewals, hires, terminations, personal account info, travel preferences, track time out of office for vacation/personal/sick time
- Coordinate the accounting functions from receipt of invoice, review of charges, approval for payment, forwarding to accountant and filing of final invoice, prepare staff expense reports for approval and submission to accountant
- Handle office correspondence for Corporate, Operations and Trading (office letter, incumbency certificates, confidentiality agreements, etc); keep Corporate files digitally; provide ancillary office support for 20-person office
- Maintain digital HR files, liaise with PEO, compile and forwarding partner reports monthly
- Coordinate quarterly Board meetings with Trustees, gathering reports timely and forwarding to Directors;
- Act as a Notary
- Maintain office: water plants, ensure kitchen and research areas are clean, restock printers (3)
- Business School or office manager/executive assistant experience; prefer some legal and/or accounting background and notary public or desire to become a notary
- Ability to define problems, multitask situations and personnel
- Strong ability to understand work flow and organize a team and their skills around those requirements
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office software particularly Microsoft Excel, Word
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.