BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Software Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Software Engineer candidate will enhance existing, team-authored Python libraries to maintain next-generation natural language processing algorithms to enrich streaming data for enhanced search. The candidate will support the team in extending functionality to meet new user requirements.
- Develop, modify, apply, and maintain standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures.
- Conduct software inspection, testing, verification and validation.
- Implement software development and maintenance processes and methods.
- Ensures measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
- Develop overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives.
- Ensure that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contract.
- Review software design, change specifications, and plans against contractual and/or process requirements.
- Review includes applicable specifications, materials, tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Perform or direct verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability.
- Required Skills
• 3+ years of experience in Python, Java, or Scala
• 1+ years of experience with distributed computing and deep learning systems, such as Keras, Tensor Flow, or Spark ML
• 1+ years of experience with natural language processing libraries, such as genism or NLTK
• 1+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2 instances and S3 buckets)
• 1+ years of studying any foreign language
• 1+ years of experience with NoSQL databases, such as Apache Cassandra and Elastic Search
• 1+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services' Elastic Map Reduce and Apache Spark
• Knowledge of the Intelligence Community
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.