BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Software Developer - Sr.
- Job Title
- Software Developer - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Senior Software Developer candidate will develop the LPPL model with an automated update (1 run per day for at least 60 countries) from the GDELT database. Team member will be responsible for the development of data pipeline to automate the download and ingestion of input data.
- Re-write current IDL-based model into a higher level language suitable for performance at large scale.
- Extraction of data from public unclassified databases and transfer for use on classified systems.
- Research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Provide input on the planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluate interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
- Document testing and maintenance of system corrections.
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Required Skills
• MA/MS degree with 9 years of experience.
• In place of the degree, may substitute 19 years of relevant work experience.
• Software development and computer modeling experience in C, C++ and Python.
• Experience in collection and input/output of data into software systems.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.