BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Data Scientist
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Data Scientist candidate will perform research to develop a formal swarming algorithm for proof-of-concept implementation. Team member will be expected to prepare a white paper or internal journal article outlining formal methods.
- Develop machine learning, data mining, statistical, and graph-based algorithms to analyze and make sense of data sets.
- Prototype/consider several algorithms and decide upon final model based on suitable performance metrics.
- Build models or develop experiments to generate data when training/example data sets are unavailable.
- Generate reports and visualizations that summarize data sets and provide data driven insights to customers.
- Partner with subject matter experts to translate manual data analysis into automated analytics.
- Work closely with developers to ensure proper algorithm implementation.
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Required Skills
• MA/MS degree with 9 years of experience.
• In place of the degree, may substitute 19 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience with Computer Science research and developing proof-of-concept algorithms.
• Experience in at least 2 of the following areas is required:
- Computer Science
- Domain Expertise/Analysis
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Experience in computational geometry, data mining, spatial reasoning, or symbolic Artificial Intelligence methods (Bayesian Belief Networks or Hidden Markov Models) desired.