BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Senior Scientist
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
The Senior Scientist candidate will provide scientific expertise to design and analyze experiments looking at how plants respond to stressors and methods to best detect the effects.
- Conduct experiments, investigations, observations and related research studies into the nature and operation of natural phenomena in a particular field, using the scientific method.
- Develop theories for understanding, characterizing and organizing natural phenomena into a systematic and meaningful pattern for the benefit of project advancement and emerging technologies.
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Required Skills
• MA/MS degree with 9 years of experience.
• In place of the degree, may substitute 19 years of relevant work experience.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• PhD or significant experience in botany, agriculture science, plant physiology
• Ability to analyze spectral and molecular biological data
• Knowledge of High Throughput Phenotyping (HTPP)
• Knowledge of plant genetics (especially grassland varieties)
• Knowledge of plant signal transduction
• Remote sensing/hyperspectral imaging and plant-root microbiome interaction desired.