VP of Marketing
- Job Title
- VP of Marketing
- Job ID
- LA JOLLA, CA 92037-1355
- Other Location
Our client is committed to the advancement of technology that will improve cancer survival rates worldwide. They are focused on developing the next generation of medical image analysis technology that healthcare providers and patients can confidently rely on. Using their patent-pending algorithm, they are developing an adjunct, precision tool for mammography. The goal is to equip radiologists with the objective, data-driven answers they need to support patients and their healthcare team as they make decisions about their treatment and diagnosis.
VP of Marketing
As the Vice President of Marketing, you will be a key member of the Senior Executive team and will maintain overall responsibility for leading marketing, communication, messaging and branding, both internally and externally. Our target audience includes doctors, hospital administrators, industry professionals and key opinion leaders. In addition to reaching our target audience you will create marketing documents geared toward current and prospective employees, investors, shareholders, analysts, strategic partners, healthcare associations and key members of government responsible for healthcare.
- Build, coach and mentor the Marketing and Communication organization ensuring appropriate levels of accountability for decision making and clearly communicate cross functionally within the organization
- Lead the attraction, recruitment, and management of key marketing team members, both internal and advisory
- Drive a comprehensive marketing strategy that includes digital marketing, events/trade shows, public relations, web presence, social media and community outreach
- Develop and execute product launch strategies for new products
- Successfully plan, manage and participate in all global conferences and trade shows
- In partnership with clinical and medical team, develop papers, abstracts and case studies for publication
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.) or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- 10 years' marketing experience, with 5 of these years with a medical device or life sciences technology-driven company
- Experience with all phases of the product development and marketing lifecycle, including concept, design, implementation, verification and validation activities necessary for product commercialization
- Experience with marketing products within the constraints of an FDA regulated industry
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally no less than 15%.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.