- Job Title
- Network Engineer
- Job ID
- Broadview Heights, OH 44147
- Other Location
About NexGoal: NexGoal is a corporate recruiting firm that places high quality, competitive and driven former athletes in careers with our corporate clients.
Our Client’s Position Being Hired: Network Engineer
Our Client’s Location: Cleveland
Our Client’s Company Profile:
Our client got got their start as a World War II-era furniture company and government supplier, and have grown to become a widely-respected business technology solutions provider servicing mid-to-large-sized companies in Ohio and surrounding states.
Combining a wealth of experience with cutting-edge technology expertise, they are uniquely poised to help their customers discover the perfect mix of communications and IT systems to support their critical business objectives.
Why Work For Our Client:
- The Business Longevity Award from Smart Business News Magazine in 2016. The award recognized Cleveland businesses that have been in operation for 70 years or more.
- NEO Success Award from Inside Business Magazine in 2002, 2014 and 2015 for being one of the top performing companies in Northeast Ohio.
- 9/90 Award from Inside Business Magazine in 1998 and 1999 for being one of the top performing companies in the nine-county area around Cleveland.
Our Client’s Requirements:
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work with team or independently at times
• Organized and able to meet deadlines
• Experience in hardware/software issues/resolution
• Be available for Data related On-Call duties
• Proficiency in TCP/IP, Ethernet, 802.x and other LAN/WLAN technologies
• Experience with HP/Dell switches, Meraki/Ubiquiti APs, Meraki/Sonicwall Firewalls
• Wireshark or other network troubleshooting applications
• Self Awareness
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Install and work with computer networks such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, wireless networks and other data communications systems.
• Configure and troubleshoot VLANs and Intra-VLAN routing
• Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security.
• Ensure systems comply with industry standards and keep networks running smoothly.
• Design and implement systems to monitor and test network performance and provide network performance reports.
• Perform on-site client analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex network problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware and software solutions, including off-site repair.
• Install and troubleshoot server hardware and software infrastructure.
• Support administration of servers and server clusters.
• Set up user accounts and passwords per security best practices.
• Configure and manage email, spam, and virus protection.
• Troubleshoot and restore systems after crashes.
• Manage Backup and Restore protocols.
• Install and maintain network services, equipment, and various devices.
• Performs complex troubleshooting, backup, archiving, and disaster recovery.
• Assists in the design, implementation and maintenance of systems, programs, hardware and software.
• Participate in Knowledge Manage System documentation
• Provide ongoing tactical and strategic input for network planning and related projects.
• Degree or course completion from accredited University or technical institute
• 3-5 years of helpdesk/end-user experience/networking.
• Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Technologies
• Cloud technologies Office 365, AWS, Azure
• Troubleshooting tools Wireshark
• Virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V
• Base networking/server certifications a plus
• Troubleshooting methodologies