BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
SAN / NAS Engineer - Sr.
- Job Title
- SAN / NAS Engineer - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- St. Louis, MO 63118
- Other Location
The Senior SAN / NAS Engineer candidate will provide expertise needed to design, procure, install, make operational a possible 100+ Petabyte facility and maintain support onsite activities. The work will be highly technical and challenging but rewarding in an environment in support of Oceanographic, Bathymetric, Space and Earth Science, for Intelligence and Department of Defense entities and clients. Team member will work on a highly skilled and delivery focused group of engineers aimed at providing cutting edge technology and services for a variety of Mission Area and Corporate hosts.
- Design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Perform complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Perform systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Review completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plan and direct upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develop documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develop and direct tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- May serve as a technical team or task lead.
Specific Duties Include:
- Understand customer requirements
- Gain familiarity with the customer's current data center infrastructure.
- Deploy and Maintain the Storage Architecture for customer
- Implement the Detailed Storage Design for customer
- Implement Detailed Storage Design for customer
- Present redline changes and augmentations to the architecture and implementation plans to Engineering Review Board for approval.
- Perform integration proof of concept testing as required
- Communicate, via PowerPoint and orally, changes and augmentations to architecture and integration plans to internal (other IPTs) and external customers in a clear manner.
- Execute implementation plans
- Provision LUNs
- Ensure storage capacities at the proper tier are made available to customer on time.
- Required Skills
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
• 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
• Experience with Enginuity, Symmetrix CLI, Navisphere and/or CentraStar
• Brocade experience desired with DCX series Fibre Channel switches
• Experience with Silicon Graphics servers and MAID
• Experience with IBM servers
• Experience with Data Direct Networks high speed RAID arrays
• Any Infiniband experience
• Experience designing and implementing storage solutions in a large enterprise (20+ Petabytes and growing) environment including: High performance computing (HPC) and available SAN, NAS, CAS and Archive/VTL tiered storage systems.
• Experience in several different forms of replication including: Celerra replication, SRDF, BCV and Centera replication.
• Ability to produce technical documentation, engineering and installation plans, working drawings and redlines, and Visio/AutoCAD rendering/drawing skills.
• Working experience in SAN administration.
• Able to plan, design, implement, monitor and maintain via: Brocade Director Center Fiber Manager (DCFM). EMC Storage (block and file level). EMC Control Center. NetApp Operations Manager. NetApp SANscreen.
• Working experience with: NetApps Filers / Storage Systems. Other Network Attached Storage (NAS) like Sun or Dell. Replication and Backup Technologies like Symantec Enterprise Vault and NetBackup.
• Experience with VMware 3.5 or higher.
• Must be a problem solver, organizer, and scheduler and be comfortable with giving direction to the team in requirements evaluation, design, installation, operations and maintenance nodes.
• Must be able to work in a complex, multi-contractor environment for a complex and challenging Government client.
• Must be able to interact and coordinate with other Engineering service lanes:
- Transport (IP LAN and WAN)
- Compute (Servers)
- Enterprise Management
- Voice and Data and Video Common Services
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• EMC Certifications desired, V-Max, Clariion, Centera sub-systems
• NetApp Certification desired. 3000 and 6000 series filers with ONTAP 8.XX
• Host based volume management and LUN provisioning tools like Symmetrix, Navisphere and Operations Manager
• Practical knowledge of compatibility, limitations, and software footprint is highly sought.
• Practical experience on DR planning, RAID, data migration, and business continuity techniques, is highly desirable.
• Familiarity with Volume Logix, NaviSphere, PowerPath, Work Load Analyzer, Optimizer, Solutions Enabler, SRDF/TimeFinder, SnapView, BCVs a plus
• Also require familiarity with large parallel filing systems such as Lustre (UNIX), GPFS (IBM/Linux), ATMOS (EMC), StorNext (Quantum) or Web Object Scalar (WOS) (DDN).
• Knowledge or experience with Quantum SANscreen monitoring product