BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Remote Scientist - Sr.
- Job Title
- Remote Scientist - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Team member will support R&D projects focused on developing new remote sensing data analysis techniques suited for characterization and trending of targets, objects, and movers.
- Apply EO/IR science, remote sensing data, and statistical techniques using python, R, and/or Matlab.
- Apply optical science and engineering to develop and execute research projects using active or passive electro-optical and infrared remote sensing in support of customer’s mission.
- Perform analysis and conduct experiments to characterize and model the optical characteristics of the atmosphere, target phenomenology, and sensor noise.
- Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Required Skills
• MA / MS degree and 9 years of experience.
• In place of the degree, may substitute 19 years of relevant work experience.
• Familiarity with OPIR data and OPIR mission, data visualization.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.