BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Technical Expert
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Team member should be experienced in software development of complex applications including web services and mobile apps. The candidate will develop whitepapers of formal co-traveler algorithms and principles, as well as develop methods to refine existing algorithms. Team member is expected to oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Required Skills
• MA / MS degree and 9 years of experience.
• In place of the degree, may substitute 19 years of relevant work experience.
• Specific experience in the following is beneficial:
- Developing mobile apps in Objective-C
- Java (with the Android SDK)
• Familiarity with Python/Django, Ruby/Rails, OpenSource Tools
(PostgreSQL, PostGIS/MySQL, GeoServer, MapServer)
• Experience developing location based services
• Experience developing mobile web apps using HTML4/5, JQuery Mobile, Sencha Touch.
• Experience in developing the backend infrastructure architecture including implementation
• Experience in software engineering and programming and/or database technology such as JAVA, C/C++, PHP, KML or Oracle
• Familiarity with Windows and/or Linux and/or Unix computer operating system configuration
• Familiarity with hardware operations and architecture, especially related to mobile devices.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze algorithms for performance accuracy and complexity from source or pseudo code.
• Experience in spatio-temporal data mining, Bayesian models and Markov models a plus.