Interested in joining the bubbly gang?
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Category Analyst
- Job ID
- Torrance, CA 90501
- Other Location
Fast-growth beverage company is looking for a Category Analyst who will provide insights and recommendations, after analyzing marketing and customer data, that optimize new product introductions, distribution, shelving, and price and promotional mixes.
The Category Analyst will analyze and assess category and brand performance to develop enhanced marketing and sales plans and promotions. He/she will conduct market specific assessments of competitors, vendors, and customers to support decisions and influence management. Bachelor's degree and at least two years experience required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide category analyses and consumer insights using a range of syndicated and non-syndicated data sources
- Heavy focus on building best in class planograms and reporting structure for category management
- Develop and analyze merchandise assortments that deliver overall category growth through a combination of internal merchandising tools coupled with retailer specified guidelines
- Responsible for maintaining a monthly category reporting suite which includes reports, scorecards and category presentations
- Works with account managers and retailers to identify category opportunities and track performance against category business plans
- Support organization with insights that drive strategic decisions across sales and marketing
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in space planning software Apollo
- Proficient with 3rd party data such as IRI, Nielsen or SPINs
- Strong written, verbal, people and diplomacy skills, with the ability to create and deliver effective, persuasive presentations
- Exceptional attention to detail, adherence to timelines and ability to work well in fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with large data sets