Seasonal Administrative Specialist
- Job Title
- Seasonal Administrative Specialist
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
SEASONAL PAYROLL TAX COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
Supports Tax Compliance group by performing outlined below functions.
Under general supervision and little decision-making:
- Opens, date stamps and distributes all mail to appropriate area. Logs any tax notices received on spreadsheet and ensures appropriate desk is aware of time limitations for a response.
- Prepares and enters into employee's record all master file adjustments on a weekly basis.
- Handles correspondence from IRS for withholding compliance program. Includes entering filing status and allowances for employee as instructed by IRS and employee notification.
- Handles coordination of duplicate W-2 requests at year-end. Handles W-2 hotline all year and responds to all calls within three business days.
- Assists with filing paperwork associated with state and local income tax deposits and returns.
- Assists with garnishment activities by entering CA Franchise Tax Board levies in payroll system, sending appropriate notice to employee and filing appropriate paperwork with the agency.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Associate's Degree in related field is preferred.
- One to two years of experience in related field is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment, familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment, as well as filing systems and business letter writing and competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.