/ Tal-ent-yet-i /
(noun) an elusive worker, rare for its special combination of skill and experience, work ethic and cultural adaptation. 2: (noun) an organization specializing in placing legendary talent. Rare for its special combination of knowledge and focus, it’s vast network and commitment to service. 3: (verb) a job well done, exceeding all expectations and mythical in its results. [example], Man, you TalentYetied that project. I’ve never seen anything like that—you’re going to be a legend in these parts. First recorded, 2017; Jacksonville, Florida.
Our client, a globally recognized industry leader in image fidelity manufacturing is looking to add a key business development executive to expand it’s Northeast and Mid-Atlantic markets. For 70 years this client has been innovating and delivering the highest quality, future proof, projection screens imaginable.
This role will be heavily focused on developing relationships with consultants, architects and key decision makers at top dealers and channel partners in addition to providing support to key manufacturing field sales representatives.
The ideal candidate will have heavy experience in AV, with a heavy emphasis on video and have existing relationships in the consulting and VAR AV Dealer Network. Local candidates in the Philadelphia, New York/New Jersey area are strongly encouraged to apply.
What will the role look like?
As a Business Development Executive you will lead sales activities to become the business partner of choice in your pursuit of interested prospects in the Equipment Maintenance Program arena. You will:
- Work remotely
- Travel up to 60% within the United States
- Proactively, identify, locate and target market pipeline growth for your assigned territory through multiple communication channels including phone, email, social media, inside sales prospecting and face to face meetings
- Be field minded with the interest and ability to travel and meet with new and/or existing clients, partners, and colleagues when necessary
- Develop your overall plan and forecast sales results for both the short and long-term to align with regional sales growth initiatives
- Identify and define growth opportunities in the market for the business
- Understand industry segments served, and keeps abreast of development in the market and/or region
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of product offerings
- Actively develop contacts and networks inside and outside the company
- Measure and set clear performance goals to achieve your sales quota
- Responsible to build your pipeline to be at least five times your targeted new business quota
- Plan, coordinate and conduct sales presentations to inform, persuade, educate and close business; interact with programs to learn purchasing options, limitations, and capabilities
- Follow up with clients via client preferred communication method after meetings to obtain new business
- Research resources to educate and get familiar with equipment to ensure the most appropriate offerings are presented
- Responsible to ensure all deal information is entered into Salesforce in a timely manner
- Submit weekly sales report as required
- Be a part of a high-energy, competitive and fast-paced sales environment
Let's talk money and perks!
Our client offers a competitive compensation package. Additional benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive salary and bonus incentive
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off
- Opportunity for advancement
Do you have the following:
- Ability to work autonomously
- 5+ years' experience with a proven track record of success in AV sales
- Success selling a service within the Healthcare Government or Higher ed preferred
- Enjoy meeting new people and building rapport constantly
- High energy with a consistently positive attitude
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Strong follow up skills and persistence in getting to the right people
*** This is a direct hire full time role. Vendor candidates will not be considered. ***