BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values.
We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers.
When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Instructional Systems Designer - Sr.
- Job Title
- Instructional Systems Designer - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Begin Date
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
The candidate will be a part of a program responsible for monitoring, detecting, analyzing, mitigating, and responding to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the Customer Enterprise. Team member will provide expertise in adult learning practices and methods to develop and enhance instructional curriculum for both classroom and web-based delivery.
- Analyze training needs and developing programs to address them
- Provide consultation and recommendations to customers on innovative training solutions and relevant curriculum development and delivery
- Create asynchronous and synchronous instruction designed for a distributed learning environment
- Work with instructors, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), instructional technologists, and multimedia developers to analyze, design, develop, and evaluate distributed learning solutions
- Create storyboards, scripts, scenario-based instruction, and other advanced learning strategies to meet the needs of the learners
- Provide expertise in the creation of processes, and implementation of distributed learning
- Perform the actual detailed development of course materials or course ware, as well as product testing, and maintenance.
- Train-the-trainer programs and qualify trainers for content delivery.
- Required Skills
• Bachelors degree in relevant field with 8+ years experience
• Demonstrated excellence in writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of customer-ready materials.
• Experience collecting, compiling, analyzing and synthesizing learner/customer feedback, test data, and program evaluations to determine workforce performance needs, curriculum design/development and learning solutions.
• Ability to demonstrate an application of cognitive science and human factors engineering that apply to the design of training.
• Experience in graphic design
• Experience in all aspects of instructional design for e-Learning and distributed learning environments.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, MS Visio, and Adobe products.
• Video instruction and production experience may be required.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Master's degree in Instructional Systems Design, Education, Curriculum Development, Adult Education or a related field.
• Experience defining and developing SCORM- and 508-compliant products.
• Extensive experience using Lectora Inspire, Adobe Captivate, and Articulate Storyline 2, including creating highly interactive templates for LMS and Blackboard applications.
• Experience with multi-media design architecture including Interactivity Levels 2 and 3.
• Previous experience supporting DoD, or other Federal Government agencies.
• Ability to teach and mentor others.
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining project schedules using Microsoft Project. Ability to manage knowledge sharing environments. Strong interpersonal and teaming skills.