- Job Title
- Accounts Payable
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77024-2849
- Other Location
Our client is a Houston-based privately held fully integrated real estate operating and investment company specializing in multifamily and student housing. They presently manage a student housing portfolio of over 210+ properties consisting of 118,500+ beds and is the largest third party student housing management company in the nation.
Our client’s people truly are the most valued part of their company, and as such they acknowledge and reward those who consistently show initiative and add value. As they grow, new positions continually open for all career levels. Our client is seeking experienced student housing professionals who are capable of making immediate impact in the organization. Ultimately, professionals join their organization because of their reputation, culture and growth. As a fifth year recipient of the prestigious Inc. 500/5000 fastest growing company’s award, our client provides unparalleled opportunities for career progression.
In this Accounts Payable role, our client will rely on you to be responsible for entering and processing invoices for approximately 15 real estate properties. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives and verifies invoices, requisitions and expense reports.
- Verifies that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Enter batches of invoices, processes invoices for payment and files paid invoices
- Responds to inquiries from vendors and company personnel
- Performs research to resolve statements, credits, problem invoices, and disputes
- Assembles and processes overnight shipments
- Assist Accountant as needed with monthly close out and generating reports
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Word and Excel, able to meet deadlines and have strong work ethic
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy is imperative
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.