- Job Title
- Product Analyst
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
This position is responsible for application administration with a primary focus on site management, configuration, user maintenance, access control, activity plans, templates, responsibilities and organizational maintenance. Participates in the research, development, and testing of product updates and new features.
Under moderate supervision and much decision-making:
- Configures and supports applications in the Employee Service Center (ESC) environment including, but not limited to, site management, taxonomy, activity plans, templates, organizational maintenance and administration of various components within the applications.
- Defines access control and permissions criteria, creates and manages user accounts for new employees and employee terminations, where applicable. Verifies the accuracy of control documentation and validates the permission levels.
- Collaborates with content management personnel to gather data about internal needs of current software application as well as custom and business needs-based requirements and enhancements. Analyzes data and translates this data into recommendations at the planning and strategy meetings of the Employee Service Center community.
- Consults with other business unit owners on project-related application issues. Compiles and analyzes data related to user needs and requirements, and makes recommendations on application enhancements and/or escalates the issue to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Acts as consulting member of the application development team related to the design, testing and launch phases of software development, enhancement and release cycles.
- Evaluates and ensures all customer and quality requirements are satisfied in the product delivery.
- Facilitates and participates in planning and strategy meetings with content management and business units to create concise and directed communications on updates and new features as well as software standards, constraints, rules, logic and needs. Writes and distributes communications on these efforts in accordance with the established standards of quality service to internal clients.
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on current product line performance and usage to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Maintains knowledge of application specific innovations, applications and systems and makes recommendations for improvements to business processes.
- Assists in the planning and presentation of content and materials and represents the company at conferences, special events and product training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, MIS or Computer Science is required.
- One to two years in the product management field or related experience is required as well as one to two years of demonstrated software administration experience.
- HR, payroll or benefits experience is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience and work in a high-tech environment are preferable. Software development knowledge is a plus. Must be knowledgeable of web-based product delivery and the overall design and usability requirements needed to interact with customers via the web.
- Sound knowledge of system design, development and effective testing methods.
- Knowledge of web development and database design preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer skills and organizational skills, ability to learn new concepts quickly and be a self-starter.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Exceptional writing skills specifically relating to creating user documentation.
- Must demonstrate analytical and statistical skills.
- Leadership skills are necessary.
- Capable self-starter able to work independently, be innovative, and actively seek new or better methods of competence.
- A positive team player with a sense of urgency directed toward the provision of successful solutions for specific projects.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and apply company policies, objectives, and procedures including developing, organizing, and implementing new policies and procedures; planning and organizing project management; appropriate methods and means of dealing with human behavior situations in a variety of business circumstances including both Company and client situations; dealing constructively with conflict.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.