- Job Title
- IT Auditor
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
This position plays a pivotal role in ensuring a strong internal control and compliance environment for the enterprise’s information assets through testing, documenting, evaluating, remediating, and improving internal controls for effectiveness and operational efficiency. Collaborates with internal and external audit teams, Enterprise & Technology Solutions (ETS) management, Finance, consultants, and other stakeholders to ensure compliance project deliverables are met.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Reviews, documents, evaluates, and tests manual and automated computer controls throughout the corporate IT environment, including server, application, middleware, and client-side.
- Develops and implements testing methodologies for application development, IT infrastructure, security, and availability.
- Designs and executes compliance tests of operating effectiveness for IT systems and internal controls, and coordinates required remediation.
- Conducts risk assessments on business and operational processes, procedures, and policies.
- Interprets audit results and makes conclusions on the adequacy and reliability of controls. Prepares and presents reports as necessary.
- Prioritizes control projects based on severity of risk and level of compliance.
- Communicates control strengths and weaknesses to internal audit personnel, and collaborates with appropriate constituents to develop mitigation plans.
- Designs and performs reengineering of processes and procedures in need of remediation.
- Conducts gap analysis via testing and recommends specific actions to fix gaps in processes and/or process management.
- Designs enhancement for internal controls such as segregation of duties, production change management, software management, security, incident handling, and transmission integrity.
- Assists the internal audit team in delivering requests from external auditors and consultants.
- Acts as liaison with external auditors to facilitate the auditing process.
- Designs audit programs to ensure ongoing evaluation and validation of IT control effectiveness.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology or related field from an accredited college or university is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Two to five years of experience in technology, internal audit, or compliance efforts is required.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Certification as a CIA, CPA or CISA is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Strong knowledge of governance frameworks is essential.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows and UNIX Operating systems, firewall concepts, security event management, and networking concepts.
- Knowledge of and skill in applying technology auditing and management preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by The Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Knowledge of GAAP and current emerging topics.
- Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Skill in conducting Sarbanes Oxley compliance audits and other operational, compliance or financial audits.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Skill in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, process mapping, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including effective interviewing and active listening skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with co-workers, contractors, and other external contacts to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Experience with SharePoint, Web Focus and/or Lawson a plus.
- Familiar with modern office methods, practices, procedures and equipment. Competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.