- Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77027-6807
- Other Location
Amazing Place, formerly The Seniors Place, was established to care for older adults with mild to moderate memory loss. We offer our participants an individualized wellness program, with lots of socialization and interesting daily activities. Caregivers receive respite, support groups and family conferences which help the well-being of the whole family.
Our highly professional and well-trained staff cares deeply about the participants and families we serve. Our combined knowledge and expertise help us to develop and oversee an individualized and therapeutic care plan for each participant.
The Staff Accountant is an enthusiastic member of our dynamic team, approaching work with energy and creativity. The Accountant assists the Director of Finance and Operations with the day to day accounting responsibilities and other projects as needed, ensuring that value is added to the mission of Amazing Place.
- Prepare the monthly account reconciliations and closing of the general ledger.
- Prepare the monthly and annual financial reports for submittal to the Board and other required entities.
- Assist in preparation of the comprehensive financial budgets for approval and monitoring budget-to-actual monthly.
- Assist in preparation on all necessary audit documentation to outside auditors.
- Assist in preparation financial analysis documentation.
- Handle confidential security information and responsibilities.
- Handle confidential information including, but not limited to, financial, personnel, participant and families, payroll, banking, auditing and board minutes with required discretion.
- Maintain all state required personnel files in Executive Director’s office.
- Knowledge of the DADS state regulations and other City of Houston regulations is a plus.
- Ensure, with the Finance and Operations Director, that Amazing Place maintains compliance with the State of Texas and the City of Houston regulations.
- Oversee monthly invoice preparation for the Participant families.
- Assist the Finance and Operations Director with various administrative and operational contracts such as contracts with third party firms covering IT, telephones, payroll and HR.
- Back up to the Finance and Operations Coordinator for accounts receivable, accounts payable, invoicing and payroll.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 3+ years of experience as staff accountant.
- QuickBooks or other accounting software.
- Advanced Excel
- Non-profit experience is a plus.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including health, dental and vision benefits. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.