- Job Title
- Assistant Manager
- Job ID
- Begin Date
- Philadelphia, PA 19153
- Other Location
Are you looking for a career that will allow you to make a direct impact on your customers every single day? Are your customer service skills world-class? If you're somebody who is self-driven and looking for your next great opportunity, then you should consider working at Park 'N Fly as one of our Assistant Managers!
Park 'N Fly is the nation's leader in affordable airport parking. It's our mission to provide an easy way for travelers to save time and money with our alternative to traditional terminal airport parking. We offer more than just parking alone, by providing great service and convenience for all of our customers.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Lot Manager in directing operations to include budget & customer service; Responsible for providing assistance with overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all lot employees including scheduling, safety, training, development, and employee relations.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
- A fleet that is the best in the industry with a focus on safety
- Rewards and recognition programs that recognize you in big and small ways
- A complete benefits package with medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability for all full-time employees
- 401k with employer match for all employees after 6 months of employment
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sourcing, recruiting, and maintaining a talent pool for the location for all positions
- Works directly with staffing firm while also building sourcing and recruiting contacts within the area
- Reviews candidate resumes and questionnaire submissions and conducts phone screenings and face-to-face interviews.
- Works directly with staffing firm to process background screenings for all candidates
- Maintains continuous communication with Human Resources and the staffing firm in terms of staffing needs at the location
- Processes all new hire paperwork with the employee and submits to Human Resources.
- Directs employee relations and promote harmonious work environment.
- Coordinates all dispatch, valet, driver, and skycap activities to ensure the proper flow of traffic and personnel to maintain three to five-minute service for customers.
- Performs weekly van timing surveys to ensure proper service requirements.
- Approves and coordinates break and meal periods for all scheduled non-exempt staff.
- Maintains facility and van appearance by coordinating regular inspections.
- Applies and implements standards of performance by submitting to management new ideas, concepts and procedures relative to changing organizational and staffing needs.
- Observes all employee functions while maintaining a daily log.
- Prepares weekly reports for manager.
- Applies progressive disciplinary policy when necessary.
- Maintains a clean and orderly working environment.
- Conduct security patrols, observations, and general functions as needed.
- Flexible with work shifts/hours, to service late flights, peak volume periods, vacated shifts, and other emergency situations.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Assistant Manager Skill sets:
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others, encourages and motivates others to perform well and give appropriate recognition, effectively influences actions and opinions of others, accepts feedback from others.
- Ethics: Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, encourages trust of others, works with integrity and ethically and upholds organizational values.
- Diversity: Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences, educates others on the value of diversity, promotes a harassment-free environment, builds a diverse workforce.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance, and meets commitments.
- Integrity: Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a clean and safe driving record with no more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years.
- Associate’s Degree and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 year +management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Required Skills