Junior Staff Accountant
- Job Title
- Junior Staff Accountant
- Job ID
- RESTON, VA 20190
- Other Location
Located in Reston, VA, Compass Rose Benefits Group (CRBG) is a private, non-profit organization. We administer a suite of insurance products available exclusively to a section of the federal government including the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense civilians, and Department of State employees and retirees. For over 65 years, we have offered a broad range of insurance products. We pride ourselves on providing individual attention to each and every insured member.
We are seeking an organized, detail-oriented professional to join our dynamic team. Because our job is offering the best insurance coverage and benefits to federal government employees, we extend the same services to our employees including a 401K plan with 4% employer contribution with no required match. Are you ready to join our team?
Junior Staff Account
Compass Rose Benefits Group is seeking to Junior Staff Account to be responsible for various accounting and clerical tasks related to the maintenance and processing of accounts payable/receivable transactions and account reconciliation.
- Responsible for various accounting tasks related to the maintenance and processing of accounts payable/receivable transactions and account reconciliation.
- Reconcile credit card transactions
- Record journal entries into accounting system.
- Fixed asset accounting.
- Perform account/bank reconciliation.
- Aid in the automation of existing business processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office and Access.
- Experience with Intacct/Sage Accounting software would be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with keen attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Participate in the creation of policies and procedures; workflow and other internal control documentation related to the accounting functions.
- Strong work ethic and dedication of mission.
- Follow quality management policies and procedures
- Maintain competency/qualifications for performance of duties.
- Comply with applicable regulations and standards.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Candidate will be required to pass a criminal and credit check
- Candidate must have the ability to work for any employer in the U.S.
We offer a competitive annual salary, depending on experience, in addition to:
- Paid time off.
- Medical benefits, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 401K plan with 4% employer contribution.
- Future growth opportunities and movement within company.
- Exciting and challenging work environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.