BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Scrum Master - Sr.
- Job Title
- Scrum Master - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Senior Scrum Master candidate will actively lead and participate with Scrum development teams and meetings. The prospective candidate will support the program’s Cloud Support Services (CSS) team to provide quality cost effective solutions to the client. As part of the CSS Team the Scrum Master’s expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise cloud environment. The candidate will be responsible for working with a highly functional team developing and automating server routines, optimizing system performance, establishing system monitoring, and maintaining established operating systems and security protocols for large production systems. Other responsibilities will include working with the team to define task breakdowns and effort estimates.
- Design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Perform complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Perform systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Plan upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develop documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develop and conduct tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system problems.
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
- May serve as a technical team or task lead.
- Serve as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Specific Duties Include:
- Ability to manage multiple projects of medium to large scale through all sprints/iterations and phases of the project
- Organize and facilitate sprint planning and release planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and other agile related events
- Track and communicate team metrics and sprint/release progress to all teams and management
- In partnership with the product owner, agile coaches, scrum teams on user story sizing and acceptance criteria definition, facilitates the definition of minimal viable product, and leads continuous refinement and prioritization of the product backlog
- Ensure the development teams are embracing and practicing core agile principles
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
- Assist with internal and external communication
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Determine and remove all obstacles that may interfere with the ability of the teams’ to deliver assigned goals
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Provide direction to project activities to ensure successful implementation and support
- Promote continuous improvement and help teams to increase velocity
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters experimentation, creativity and innovation
- Ability to communicate, influence and partner effectively using strong verbal and written communication
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• 10 - 15 years of related systems engineering
• Experience leading projects under Agile/Scrum
• Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
• Strong understanding of DevOps and software/application development processes
• Experience managing complex large scale enterprise IT projects
• Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Masters Degree Preferred.
• Agile or Project Management Certifications (i.e Certified Scrum Master, Project Management Professional)
• Experience working in enterprise environments using cloud platforms
• Experience with Microsoft Project