BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Queue/Ticket Manager
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Ticket Manager (TM) candidate will work as part of an elite and agile team responsible for maintaining and improving program responsibilities through efficient ticket management processes. The TM will be expected to proactively interact with customers and engineers in an effort to expeditiously respond to and resolve customer incident tickets and change requests. Team member will be expected to oversee multiple queues and ensure tickets are properly assigned to groups and technicians when applicable allowing for timely triage, troubleshooting, and resolution. The candidate will assist with asset capacity tracking, incident and change management and assignment, and metric analysis and presentation. TM will support the overall program requirement to effectively provide data center services through timely and effective resolution of customer requests through the enterprise's ticketing system. Team member will act as the interface between engineers and the government to maintain problem tickets.
- Develop computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
- Analyze systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
- Write or update software specifications.
- Create logical data models based on functional requirements.
- Perform quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support and solutions to users.
- Develop analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
- Analyze detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
- Prepare and update documentation for new or existing systems.
- Monitor system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Specific Duties Include:
- Expected to attend and occasionally brief and lead meetings utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint, Remedy Reports, and Visualization Software both to contractor and government personnel
- Manage tickets and ensure adequate workflow through ticket lifecycle.
- Identify gaps in ticket workflow processes.
- Develop effective ticket management and lifecycle processes.
- Ensure proper ticket assignment to support groups for triage, troubleshooting, and resolution.
- Assist with ticket quality, documentation, and analysis.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of customer requests.
- Develop and maintain system knowledge articles and documentation.
- Provide ticketing system training as required.
- Maintain current and relevant knowledge of ticket status and identify workflow gaps.
- Perform data analysis and provide metrics and statistical data as required.
- Provide recommendations to assist program in exceptional delivery of data center services.
- Participate in special projects as required.
If selected, the candidate must be willing to support a flexible 0600 to 1800 work schedule.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelors degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• 5 - 8 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
• Provide support for maintenance and change requests activities.
• Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
• Strong oral and writing skills (document creation and note taking is required).
• Effective time management skills
• Ability to work within a team for projects and/or tasks.
• Dynamic and multi-mission environment experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to troubleshoot and document various problems.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• A history of successful communication with customers and technicians and experience with multiple ticketing systems from a support staff perspective is desired.
• A history of basic data visualization utilizing tools such as Tableau is desired.
• Proficiency with use of Remedy ITSM and/or ServiceNOW is preferred.
• Experience with querying databases utilizing SQL statements desired.
• ITIL v3 Foundation
Basic knowledge or understanding of the following methodologies is preferred:
• Software package/binary deployment (XenApp, ThinApp, AppV, SCCM)
• Thin Client operating systems and virtual hosted desktop OS (Windows 7, Win XPe, Windows Embedded 2009)
• Client operating systems (XP, Windows 7)
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (ESX/vSphere4, XenDesktop)
• The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
• Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
• The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work requires physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment and significant walking.