BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Logistics Analyst
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Logistics Analyst candidate will perform government property administration and accounting duties and manual tasks to maintain an inventory of materials, parts, supplies, and equipment, requiring experience and knowledge in government property administration practices. Team member will support customer logistics requirements through the analysis, organization, planning and administration of various phases of day-to-day provisioning, spares, maintenance and/or repair activities.
- Analyze standard contractual documents, technical data, customer usage data, customer maintenance practices, customer operation characteristics, and related reports for assigned contracts to determine spares provisioning or maintenance/repair requirements.
- Develop logistics plans in order to enhance distribution of goods and supplies.
- Follow established policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
- Conduct distribution and network studies, monitors inventory and analyzes requirements in order to develop strategies to achieve desired delivery times.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Specific Duties Include:
- Adhere to inventory control and distribution procedures, maintaining accurate receipt and invoices to account for receipt of, and issue of materials and equipment to ensure contract can meet compliance requirements
- Perform clerical and manual duties in material areas such as receiving, storing, issuing, and delivering materials, parts, supplies, and equipment
- Stock vendor deliveries in warehouse or supply room and checks that deliveries conform to purchase orders as to quality and quantity
- Review all organizational procurement activities to establish proper “inbound/outbound” projections and resource scheduling to maximize asset availability, storage capacity, support materials as well as ensure proper rotation and disposition of equipment is maintained and pre-staging actions are postured to meet organizational schedules and objectives.
- Prepare a variety of government required reports and representing the program during audits
- Coordinate with subcontractors and vendors as required ensuring timeline acceptance, shipping and receipt of all managed equipment and parts.
- Maintain inventory control of government and company material and complying with annual inventory control and auditing procedures.
- Perform warehousing control and implementing processes to maintain compliance with all government property and accountability regulations and local requirements.
- Establish/Maintain annual inventory procedures, access controls and audit processes to ensure 100% property accountability.
- Oversee all transactions and minimize personnel access to areas that could jeopardize property accountability controls
- Responsible for data center equipment sanitization and disposal
- Track/report metrics regarding inventories, quantities shipped/received and on-hand to ensure inventories remain at sufficient levels to meet requirements
- Utilize small hand tools, scales, and may operate material handling equipment such as fork lifts, pallet handlers, and hand trucks
- Maintain a clean, organized warehouse or supply room
- Prepare and maintain related documentation
- Participate in special projects as required
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.
• 2 - 5 years of related experience in logistics, traffic and/or supply chain management.
• In-depth knowledge of inventory records and control, property management, government requirements and reporting requirements;
• Strong business communication skills with strong verbal communications to interface effectively
• Able to coordinate with vendors to support RMA actions to include coordinating shipping/receiving actions
• Able to review a broad range of complex inventory records and requirements; track, report and develop recommendations; interface with subcontractors and customers to ensure requirements are satisfied
• Detail oriented and organized; able to understand complex inventory control and tracking requirements; ensure accuracy
• Strong ability to identify issues, risks, concerns and develop course of action to mitigate the issue and alleviate recurrence
• Proficient in the use of the MS Office family of products, email and government logistics practices
• Experience with inventory control systems such as Remedy Asset Management suite, Service +, IFS, and PSAM is highly desired
• Prepare equipment for ground and air transport
• Valid Driver’s License
• Operate up to a 24 foot box truck within the Washington DC Metropolitan area
• Climb and work from up to 12 foot ladders
• MUST be able to Lift over 70 LBS
• Potential for CONUS/OCONUS trips exist to support off-site compliance monitoring of asset management and logistics support requirements.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.