|Dynology Corporation Career Portal|
Windows Administrator - Cloud
- Job Title
- Windows Administrator - Cloud
- Job ID
- Radford, VA
- Other Location
This position is for a Windows Administrator supporting the ALTESS commercial cloud services infrastructure. ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services.
- Build new cloud based data center services environments for DoD cloud initiatives.
- Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on Windows Administrator technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Manage objects stored in Active Directory as delegated by Active Directory administrators
- Perform Active Directory user account, and member server management tasks in assigned OUs
- Troubleshoot and resolve operating system, application, and networking issues in a complex and highly-regulated multi-region multi-cloud environment
- Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
- Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud based environment.
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
- A total of at least 3-5 years of experience as a Storage Administrator DBA
- Required Certifications: CompTIA Security+, Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) – can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
- Mid to senior level Windows Administrator experience in a cloud environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
- Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
- Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
- Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (PowerShell, DSC, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
- Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) - preferred
Clearance requirements: Must be a US Citizen and have an active Interim Secret clearance.