|Dynology Corporation Career Portal|
Cybersecurity Technical Administrator - Cloud
- Job Title
- Cybersecurity Technical Administrator - Cloud
- Job ID
- Radford, VA
- Other Location
Experience: A total of at least 3-5 years of experience as a Cybersecurity Technical Administrator
1. DoD 8570.1M IAM level II (i.e., CISSP) certification is required
2. Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) – can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
This position is for a Cybersecurity Technical Administrator supporting the ALTESS commercial cloud services infrastructure. ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services.
JOB DUTIES –
• Serve as overall subject matter expert on Cybersecurity Technical Administrator technology and market capabilities/trends.
• Conduct security scans against the organization’s cloud-deployed infrastructure, produce and interpret compliance reports
• Validate technical security controls are in place for operating systems, applications, and network appliances, and recommend enhancements
• Review proposed configuration changes for security impact
• Operate endpoint-protection mechanisms, including high-level reporting and day-to-day administration activities
• Work between technical and policy teams to implement, maintain, and monitor technical security configuration controls, including: STIGs, SRGs, and other industry security hardening guidance.
• Work between technical and policy teams to successfully implement and manage requirements for maintaining cloud P-ATO, ATO, and security control inheritance capabilities.
• Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
• Use results of vulnerability scans to determine vulnerabilities and develop operational plans to remediate or mitigate vulnerabilities as they are discovered.
• Install, operate, and maintain Host Based Security System.
• Operate and maintain web content filter.
• Manage PL ALTESS Cybersecurity training and certification program using the Army Training and Certification Tracking System.
• Assist hosted customers in obtaining and maintaining RMF and other certifications as required.
• Review and document change requests; and determine approval or denial of requests.
• Update and/or assist the hosted system's personnel in updating artifacts of the RMF; i.e., system diagrams (logical and physical) Hardware/Software/Firmware Inventory, Interface & Ports, Protocols and Services listing, etc.
• Mid to senior level Cybersecurity Technical Administrator experience in a cloud environment
• DoD 8570.1M IAM level II certification is required.
o Resource must possess both Baseline and Computing Environment certification as defined in DoD Instruction 8570.01M.
o The Computing Environment certification can include CompTIA Server+, Microsoft, RedHat, or Solaris professional certifications or training as defined in DoDi 8570.01M
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of DOD Risk Management Framework Assessment & Authorization (RMF A&A), FedRAMP, the DOD cloud provisional authorization (PA) process, and the processes to successfully acquire and maintain an Authorization to Operate (ATO)
• Working knowledge of the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Process (FedRAMP), cloud security information impact levels (IL), the differences between an ATO and P-ATO, the differences between a CSO and CSP, and the processes to successfully acquire, maintain, and support DOD cloud accreditation.
• Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
• Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
• Strong understanding of common cyber threat patterns, indicators of compromise, and defenses
• Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
Clearance requirements: Interim Secret