BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Database Engineer II
- Job Title
- Database Engineer II
- Requirement ID
- St. Louis, MO
- Other Location
The Database Engineer candidate will work in a team environment that transfers Customer product, information, data, and web content for dissemination on the Customer and coalition networks. Team member will provide support to STC and the BICES web servers.The candidate will provide database analysis, programming and systems administration for the Customer. The candidate will monitor and perform processes on multiple security domains to disseminate data produced by Customer production.
- Perform database scripting utilizing Unix, Linux, SQL, Java, Oracle, Database Management Tools, HTML, XML, multiple Operating Systems to ensure daily loading of GEOINT data on multiple Customer networks.
- Use COTS and GOTS applications to:
- Load Geospatial data into Geospatial databases and into disk storage.
- Extract Geospatial data from relational Geospatial databases.
- Ensure all required software, hardware, and DTO certification (training) are compliant with Intelligence Community Standard 500
- Perform market research for industry trends, new developments and solutions applicable to Customer dissemination and Customer Storage architecture.
- Monitor data dissemination and performance activities on the multiple security domains produced by Customer Production Systems.
- Select, transfer and load items to Customer Gateway networks and from one security/network domain to another
- Transfer selected items and load to the correct location on the server, ensuring indexes, metadata and other supporting information is updated as needed
- Administer BICES web server software
- Perform quality assurance of all items transferred and loaded including text, images, hyperlinks, metadata, and HTML meta-tags and ensure that all items are properly presented by the web browser
- Capture, maintain and accumulate statistics that show quantities and timelines for products and data transferred from one domain to anther domain
- Complete reviews daily for each GEOINT transfer and ensure all GEOINT reports are posted within four hours of receipt.
- Complete Special data transfers within one hour of receipt. Number of incoming reports and requests will vary from day to day.
- Review, transfer and post/load GEOINT reports between ten unclassified/classified Customer networks
- Collect, maintain and provide statistics related to quantities and timelines for products and data transferred to/from the ten networks
- Provide Data Transfer Officer (DTO) crisis support for the Customer's Focus Cells
- Provide customer support for web based products
- Support Web Application Software and Databases
- Provide weekly status to Content Management & Services management detailing activities and accomplishments
- Coordinate with Infrastructure Service Provider (ISP) regarding outages.
- Maintain application availability.
- Provide data in response to content requests from the Office of International Affairs, Disclosure, Release, and Governance.
- Perform full system upgrades and maintenance updates
- Troubleshoot hardware issues and repair operating system (OS) issues
- Verify incremental and full system backups and recovery are collected by ArcSight software.
- Troubleshoot and maintain integrity of Oracle databases
- Support the integrity of the system through metrics collection on system errors, failures and downtime. Endpoints for metrics collections exist and will be a transition (knowledge transfer) item.
- Maintain security posture to support system Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) continuous monitoring process.
- Respond to network issues that adversely impact the Customer, by coordinating with the Customer/Transport team for resolution.
- Remotely install software releases and upgrades on Windows machines.
- Create accounts and set up user specific access and manage user account information
- Evaluate and install security patches Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments (IAVAs).
- Create and ensure operation of Active Directory (AD) and Domain Name Service (DNS)
- Required Skills
• Experience using Multi-tiered systems and communication between components
• Experience using Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage
• Experience using System and Storage architecture best practices
• Experience implementing Current market solutions and the applicability to Customer dissemination
• Experience using COTS and GOTS tools to load data into databases and into disk storage and tools to extract data from databases
• Experience in web Service development Python programming language Apache Internet services
• Experience in database administration, to include working knowledge in at least two of the following:
• Proficient in HTML, XML, Java, JSON and C Shell
• Proficient in Database Scripting.
• Experience with Electronic Data Dissemination Policy, Processes & Concepts.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.