BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values.
We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers.
When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- SharePoint Developer
- Requirement ID
- Begin Date
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The SharePoint Developer candidate will work as apart of a team to develop and support SharePoint based solutions, which address a range of business needs that involve collaboration, workflow, content management, document management, business intelligence, and reporting. The candidate will perform exceptionally complex tasks while researching and evaluating new concepts and processes to improve performance. Team member will assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. The candidate will direct mulitple teams through to project completion, oversee and monitor performance, and when necessary, take steps to resolve issues.
- Support software and web architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and legacy systems)
- Interact with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyze and study customer requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy their needs
- Design, create, test, and maintain software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Follow a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and also adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications
- (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)
- Coordinate creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design
- Design and develop visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develop and maintain software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Provide software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development lifecycle
Specific Duties Include:
- Assess business process and suitability for solution implementation using the Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013 platform
- Provide content management strategies for intranet sites on the SharePoint platform
- Provide support and guidance to users on SharePoint features and functionalities Maintain FAQs, Knowledge Base, and Standard Operating Procedures
- Attend internal and external customer meetings as required Provide technical advice to team members and customers on best practices for SharePoint development
- Develop and deliver requirements and design documents Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop unconventional solutions for customer requirements in a collaborative environment as part of a dynamic team.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
HS/GED with 10 years experience or,
Associates with 8 years experience or,
Bachelors with 6 years experience or,
Masters with 4 years experience or,
PhD with 2 years experience.
• Direct experience implementing Microsoft SharePoint based solutions
• Experience designing and developing complex business applications in SharePoint 2010 and 2013
• Excellent customer service and communications skills Analytical skills to discover business problems, identify possible causes, and design quick and effective solutions • Experience using jQuery, Client Object Model, and Service Oriented Architecture
• Experience with SharePoint's application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services.
• Ability to write Stored Procedures, write complex SQL queries, and ability to analyze the SQL data is desired.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems; or related discipline is desired.