Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- Job ID
- East Syracuse, NY 13057
- Other Location
About Us: NexGoal is a corporate recruiting firm that places high quality, competitive and driven former athletes and top-tier non-athlete candidates in careers with our corporate partners.
Position Our Client Is Hiring: Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Our Client's Location: East Syracuse, NY
Our Client's Company Profile: This company is a multi-talented and multi-disciplined engineering technology corporation that has been in existence for nearly 50 years and provides innovative strategies to various fields of engineering. The team works to provide its clients with the best solutions to ensure each project is a success.
Why Work For Our Client: If you are an experienced engineer looking to work for a reputable company and want your work to make a difference in the lives of your clients, this role could be for you!
The Senior Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for geotechnical design, engineering, proposal writing and for providing geotechnical evaluations and recommendations.
- Execute geotechnical project assignments, including engineering analysis, report preparation, field exploration and laboratory analysis.
- Provide mentorship to EITs and help to professionally develop CME staff engineers
- Evaluate ground conditions and understand their impact on design and construction
- Perform shallow and deep foundation designs, slope stability analysis calculations and seismic assessments
- Develop and manage geotechnical laboratory testing programs
- Review requests for proposals (RFP’s), develop and finalize proposals, and act as division liaison with clients
- Peer review reports prepared by other engineering staff
- Regularly communicate with clients to ensure quality of work, exceptional staff performance, and address client concerns and expectations
- Actively participate in professional and technical meetings and organizations
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (Masters in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering preferred)
- Registration as Professional Engineer (PE); ability to obtain registration in New York State
- 10+ years of geotechnical engineering experience
- Strong experience with geotechnical design; shallow and deep foundations, with complex subsurface conditions
- Ability to interact with client and design team during design and construction phases of a project
- Strong background in soil mechanics with extensive knowledge of geotechnical analysis and laboratory testing of soil
- Extensive experience and understanding in the provision of geotechnical engineering recommendations and soil parameters for shallow and deep foundations, pavements, site preparation and site mitigation
- Proficient in project management with proven ability to meet business goals
- Demonstrated knowledge of geotechnical engineering software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Our client offers competitive wages and benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Health Savings account, Supplemental Insurance Products and Paid Time Off (including Holiday, Vacation, Sick and Personal). Some restrictions in benefits may apply to part time employees. All benefits become available to eligible employees upon completion of an eligibility period.