- Job Title
- Preconstruction Manager
- Job ID
- Rockville, MD 20852
- Other Location
About Us: NexGoal is a corporate recruiting firm that places high quality, competitive and driven former athletes in careers with our corporate partners.
Position Our Client Is Hiring: Preconstruction Manager
Our Client's Location: Rockville, MD
Our Client's Company Profile: Our client is the largest regional commercial construction company in the country and aims to redefine the entire construction experience for their clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Preconstruction Manager is responsible for leading the overall management of the preconstruction phase for a project. This role is responsible for understanding the deliverables, developing a work plan, and identifying resources required, while coordinating with the Operations team to ensure compliance with the Request for Proposals (RFP).
- Perform responsibilities with excellence in service, integrity and building relationships as exemplified the client's core values.
- Lead budget estimate assembly with minimal guidance.
- Quantity takeoff - proficiency and efficiency in takeoff software.
- Detailed estimate preparation at all phases of design - proficient in divisions 3-16 (including division 2 for Base Building)
- Collaborate with the project team in establishing comprehensive budget estimates incorporating operations standards.
- Manage and coordinate divisions 2, 15, 16.
- Lead constructability reviews.
- Lead the development of specific systems analyses and creation of Value Engineering and Alternates lists/logs.
- Maintain subcontractor/supplier relationships.
- Strategically identify and align the most qualified subcontractors for the market sector and scope.
- Strategy development for budget estimates and other RFP deliverables.
- Ability to manage the overall document distribution process (RFI's, Addenda, etc.)
- Ability to distribute documents without support of an administrative assistant.
- Coordinate with administrative staff to ensure the database is current with prequalified subcontratctors.
- Research and compile historical data for use in future budget preparation.
- Participate in the Subcontractor buyout process.
- Participate in design progress meetings and client presentations as required.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and lead subcontractor walk-throughs.
- Develop agenda and lead project kick-off meetings.
- Responsible for subcontractor/supplier coverage and effective communication and management.
- Counsel, educate and coach staff to help them develop necessary job skills.
- Work closely with assigned Operations.
- Participate in the creation of proposal response documents.
- Assist in the development of project schedules and approach strategies; coordinate with assigned Construction Group team members for 4D Development.
- Participate in the development of phasing, sequencing and site logistics strategies.
- Build relationships with clients, design team and subcontractors.
- Actively participate in networking events/organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability in developing good relationships with clients, design teams and subcontractors.
- Decision making, research and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Time management with the ability to organize, asses and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands. Ability to work independently.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and interact effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field or equivalent construction experience.
- At least five (5) years' experience in estimating for commercial construction.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of engineering and construction management, including safety, quality and sustainability standards.
- Solid presentation experience.
- MS Office - Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook experience.
- Experience estimating with a variety of building types.
- Quantity Take-off software experience (On Screen Take-Off or Sketch-Up preferred).
- PDF editor software experience (Brava or Bluebeam preferred).
Physical Job Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching and bending. The employee must occasionally lift/carry/move up to 25 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require some travel for conferences, educational sessions and other company events. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels and hazardous working conditions when working at job sites. Safety precautions must be taken and resources will be provided.