- Job Title
- HR Manager
- Job ID
Clearway Energy Group-Princeton, NJ
Human Resources Manager/Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Clearway Energy Group is seeking a Senior Human Resources Business Partner to join our Human Resources team who support a diverse population of 800 employees across the nation in our mission to power the world with clean energy. This role serves in both a strategic and hands-on manner, providing full cycle Human Resources generalist support to a combination of corporate roles and power plants. The role will be critical in executing our people initiatives, providing outstanding internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. Particular areas of focus include talent acquisition, labor relations, talent management, and employee relations.
- Lead a strategic HR agenda to strengthen the capabilities of the client group, including talent acquisition, coaching, performance management, and labor and employee relations.
- Collaborate with business leaders to solve complex organizational challenges, with a focus on developing and executing strategies to help recruit, onboard, retain, develop, and compensate talent.
- Coach, counsel, and provide employee relations advice and direction to managers and employees ensuring compliance with company policy, collective bargaining agreements, and employment laws and regulations.
- Develop creative, effective ways to support business needs across locations, programs and departments.
- Provide full-cycle talent acquisition services to client group with a focus on obtaining top talent in an expeditious manner.
- Shape and execute the local talent management strategy and lead the ongoing support for people development in assigned business units.
- Assist in the development and implementation of employee relations and retention strategies that proactively address company and employee needs.
- Provide counsel and direction regarding employment and labor relations matters.
- Interact with unions and support negotiations of collective bargaining agreements.
- Conduct employment investigations, manage the corrective action / discipline process and ensure consistent and timely closure of complex cases.
- Respond to employee and manager inquiries regarding HR processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with other HR colleagues and functions to provide a cohesive, customer-focused experience across all programs.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with legal or regulatory changes pertaining to labor, wage and hour, and employment laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- 10+ years of human resources experience with a broad generalist focus and prior experience in both union and non-union environments
- Energy industry experience preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification highly desirable
- Experience with talent acquisition, talent management, retention, and employee relations - as well as a general familiarity and curiosity for a wide range of HR policies, practices, and trends
- Passion for innovative HR solutions, excellent customer service, and ongoing process improvement
- A positive attitude, highly motivated and the ability to maintain a culture that is based on teamwork, respect and integrity
- Outstanding communicator with ability to explain complex information clearly and succinctly and tailor message to audience
- Professional and approachable demeanor with the ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build trusting relationships
- The ability to think big but also "roll up your sleeves"
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a bias for action and deliver results
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and initiative
- Ability to uphold standards of complete discretion and confidentiality as well as exercise good judgement and integrity in day-to-day decisions
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with Kronos HRIS/Payroll/ATS a plus
- Ability to travel as needed (~10-15%)