- Job Title
- HR Director
- Job ID
Clearway Energy Group
Human Resources Director
Our Renewable Energy client, Clearway Energy Group is seeking a transformational Human Resources Director to lead their team of Generalists and Business Partners, who support a diverse population of 800 employees across the nation in our mission to power the world with clean energy. This position reports to the Vice President, Human Resources and is located in Scottsdale, AZ, with some travel required.
- Lead a strategic HR agenda to strengthen the capabilities of the business, including talent acquisition, coaching, talent management, labor and employee relations, and leadership development.
- Develop, lead, and manage a team of HR Generalists and Business Partners in delivering superior service with a high degree of efficiency and effectiveness to meet HR and business objectives.
- Design and execute various HR programs and processes including recruiting, performance management, employee development and training, and retention.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to senior leaders in solving complex organizational challenges with a high degree of maturity in judgment, guidance and action.
- Help drive organizational change to support the business in achieving our goals.
- Coach, counsel, and provide employee relations advice and direction to managers and employees ensuring compliance with company policy, and employment laws and regulations.
- Develop creative, effective ways to support business needs across locations, programs and departments.
- Oversee full-cycle talent acquisition services with a focus on obtaining top talent in an expeditious manner.
- Shape and execute the talent management strategy and lead the ongoing support for people development.
- Develop and implement employee relations and retention strategies that proactively address company and employee needs.
- Provide counsel and direction regarding employment and labor relations matters.
- Interact with unions and support negotiations of collective bargaining agreements.
- Conduct employment investigations, manage the corrective action / discipline process and ensure consistent and timely closure of complex cases.
- Collaborate with other HR colleagues and functions to provide a cohesive, customer-focused experience across all programs.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with legal or regulatory changes pertaining to labor, wage and hour, and employment laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- 15+ years of human resources experience with broad generalist focus and at least 5 years of experience leading generalist teams in both union and non-union environments
- Energy industry experience preferred
- PHR or SPHR highly desirable
- Experience building and working in a high-performing human resources organization with the ability to provide insight, feedback, and commitment to a multi-year transformation plan
- Demonstrated ability in driving business results and teaching leaders how to effectively partner with HR and develop their teams
- Strong team building and communication skills and the proven ability to influence and manage change
- Passion for innovative HR solutions, excellent customer service, and process improvement
- Decisive, thorough and timely when drawing conclusions and managing expectations.
- A positive attitude, highly motivated and the ability to maintain a culture that is based on teamwork, respect, and integrity
- Outstanding communicator with ability to explain complex information clearly and succinctly and tailor message to audience
- Professional and approachable demeanor with the ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build trusting relationships
- The ability to think big but also "roll up your sleeves"
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a bias for action, and deliver results
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed team
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to uphold standards of complete discretion and confidentiality as well as exercise good judgement and integrity in day-to-day decisions
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with Kronos HRIS/Payroll/ATS a plus
- Able to travel as needed (~10-30%)
Qualified and interested candidates should apply below, or send resume to AMurphy@flexexecs.com.