Option 2: Create a New Profile
Network Services Engineer
- Job Title
- Network Services Engineer
- Alpharetta, GA 30009
- Other Location
The Network Services Engineer (NSE) provides advanced level technical consulting and network installation services for Safe Systems clients. The NSE will perform quality assurance on network installations to ensure technology is implemented with accordance to standards. The NSE will be a significant contributor to provide training to analysts.
- Provide Tier II support by consulting and providing assistance to Network Analysts on multilevel support incidents.
- Provides feedback to Analysts regarding escalated tickets
- Consults with customers to assess system vulnerability.
- Participates in Professional Services installations for clients.
- Provides quality assurance on installed products to ensure technologies are implemented according to standards.
- Training Network Analysts on field technology concepts and installations procedures.
- Actively participates in training and educational initiatives.
- Develops technical skills and stays abreast of changing technologies in order to provide exceptional service to Safe Systems clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree required
- 2 years of experience in IT and/or customer service role
- Experience within the financial industry preferred
- Microsoft, Cisco, and/or VMware certifications preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Encourages, motivates, and exhibits positive persona and replicates such with team members
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships across departments and understand client needs and client experiences
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment
- Strong planning and preparation skills; results-oriented
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of network operations and support
- Desire to continuously improve skills through continuing education, training, and development
Hardware / Software
Standard business hardware / software (PC, Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.)
Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, Juniper
Personal characteristics that contribute to success in this position are as follows:
- Strong technical aptitude and a proven track record with complex technical support and quality network installations
- Proactive with a pleasant manner; self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Able to earn the respect of others and respect differing opinions
Physical Environment and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like
- Position requires frequent sitting and some reaching, kneeling and walking
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Work may require more than 40 hours per week to complete the essential duties and primary responsibilities of the position
- May at times be on-call or requested to work an evening shift
- Some weekend work may be required
- Up to 50 percent travel to client sites
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Thank you for your interest in Safe Systems! We welcome the opportunity to review your resume and application. To apply for a position above, please click on the link and follow each prompt. Our Careers page is updated as positions become available. If the position you are interested in is not listed above, please check back at a later date.
All applicants must successfully pass a 7-year criminal history check, Social Security number verification, sexual offender registry search and credit history check.
We are a tech company that specializes in the community banking industry
Hundreds of small banks and credit unions across the US turn to us for our regulatory expertise
We have a relaxed corporate environment with plenty of benefits