BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values.
We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers.
When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Software Engineer - Sr. (Python, React, Java)
- Job Title
- Software Engineer - Sr. (Python, React, Java)
- Requirement ID
- Begin Date
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Software Engineer candidate will support the program's Cloud Support Services (CSS) team to provide quality cost effective solutions to the client. Team member will actively participate with Scrum development teams and meetings. The candidate will be responsible for working with a highly functional team developing and deploying custom solutions to the client’s enterprise cloud environment. The candidate will work with the team to define task breakdowns and effort estimates; as well as prepare design and test documents.
- Research, design, develop and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug highly complex new software products or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
- Develop and apply advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
- Resolve highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Conduct investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Factor emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
- Provide input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Advise hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepare reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and present results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Serve as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software developers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Specific Duties Include:
- Design, implement and maintain application phases.
- Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Recommend changes to improve established application processes
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Develop application code programs
- Develop and execute unit test plans
- Support formal testing and resolve test defects
- Provide technical support and consultation for application and infrastructure questions
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
• 10-15 years of related software development experience.
• Expert with at least one language and desire good experience with several others (Python, React, Java, etc.)
• Strong understanding of DevOps and software/application development processes
• Experience with GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, and other DevOps/Continuous Integration tools
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
• Demonstrated ability to creatively solve technical problems
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a small team
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Masters Degree preferred.
• Experience with ElasticSearch
• Experiencing interacting with AWS SDK, AWS API, AWS CLI, and AWS CloudFormation
• Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Rackspace