/ Tal-ent-yet-i /
(noun) an elusive worker, rare for its special combination of skill and experience, work ethic and cultural adaptation. 2: (noun) an organization specializing in placing legendary talent. Rare for its special combination of knowledge and focus, it’s vast network and commitment to service. 3: (verb) a job well done, exceeding all expectations and mythical in its results. [example], Man, you TalentYetied that project. I’ve never seen anything like that—you’re going to be a legend in these parts. First recorded, 2017; Jacksonville, Florida.
Looking For Legendary Talent?
Our client and a nationwide employer is adding to their growing engineering team. This position is a direct hire role with full benefits and bonus. The ideal candidate should be well versed in Red Hat with heavy experience in performance monitoring and load balancing. Dynatrace experience is highly desirable.
As a Senior Performance Engineer, you will be a principal contributor to the Performance-Operations Team's objectives and goals. You will work closely with the Application Development, IT Management, Project Management, Incident Management, Engineering and Implementation, and IT Services teams to build a culture of application availability and performance. As the Senior Performance Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Designing and implementing continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines for effective solution delivery to the business
* Making effective use of RTG's portfolio of performance tools, including Dynatrace, RedHat, Dockers, Hyper-V
* Suggests, recommends and champions new technologies for continuous delivery of high-quality code to production, including requirements analysis, proof-of-concept, implementation, documentation, and training to get the team up to speed.
Because of all the interdepartmental interaction, you will utilize not only technical skills but also soft skills.
As a successful Senior Performance Engineer, you will need to possess the following requirements:
* 10 or more years of experience with a combination of the following: (1) application development, (2) continuous delivery for large scale web commerce applications (3) progressive IT experience
* Advanced knowledge of at least one 4GL programing language such as Java, c# or c/c++
* Expertise with information technology areas including:
o Operating Systems such as Apple OSX, Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Linux, including OS virtualization such as Dockers, Hyper-V, Red Hat virtualization, VMware, and Citrix
o Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, routing
o Networking elements such as load balancers, proxies, routers, and switches
o Network Security elements including intrusion protection systems, anti-virus, proxies, and firewalls
o Datacenter fundamentals, server hardware systems, KVM, UPS
o Experience troubleshooting performance issues with complex large-scale multi-tier and distributed application infrastructures
Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science is highly desirable but not required for this role.
*** Third Party Candidates Will Not Be Considered At This Time ***