The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Data Privacy US/APAC Counsel - Contracts (Temp-to-Perm) North NJ
- Job Title
- Data Privacy US/APAC Counsel - Contracts (Temp-to-Perm) North NJ
- North NJ, NJ
- Other Location
Data Privacy US/APAC Counsel - Contracts (Temp-to-Perm) - North NJ
Fortune 500 company located in North NJ seeks a Data Privacy US/APAC Counsel - Contracts (Temp-to-Perm) for a consultancy position expected to last at least two months, possibly longer. You must have at least three to five years' experience as a practicing lawyer, including one to two years of U.S. and/or international privacy experience to provide temporary support for global data privacy team.The compensation is competitive. The work schedule is flexible; 30-40 hours per week with an option to telecommute or at the Teaneck, NJ office. There is potential for permanent conversion.
The Data Privacy US/APAC Counsel - Contracts will work independently and collaborate with legal, privacy, and information security colleagues to support APAC and Americas teams. Additional duties include the following:
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents including client MSAs, business associate agreements, third party vendor agreements to include privacy controls, data transfer agreements, and privacy notices and policies
- Providing global privacy legal advice and privacy input on business projects and initiatives
- Providing advice regarding the implications of new laws substantially impacting the Company's business
- Supporting cross-company global projects involving personal information
- Completion of law school with a J.D. or L.L.B. degree and admission to the bar of at least one jurisdiction in the United States required. Generally require at least three to five years` experience as a practicing attorney, with at least one to two years of privacy experience.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of U.S. privacy law, some knowledge of GDPR and APAC data protection laws a plus
- CIPP/US, CIPP/A, CIPP/C or CIPP/EU certification a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to assess risk strategically and help internal stakeholders find solutions that enable them to mitigate risk while achieving their goals
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Proven ability and commitment to work both independently and collaboratively with numerous people at all levels throughout the company
- Sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines as business needs change