BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Cyber Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Cyber Security Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
The Cyber Security Engineer candidate will be responsible for the engineering design, security tools maintenance and development of cyber security technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructure.
Team member will support multi-disciplined teams in the design and implementation of the cyber security system architecture.
- Apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural framework.
- Provide architectural analysis of cyber security features and relate existing system to future needs and trends.
- Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering life cycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development.
- Resolve architecture implementation issues during integration and test.
The candidate must be willing to work M-F 10:30AM - 7:00PM.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber Security, or related field, with a minimum three (3) years of experience in incident detection and response, system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development.
• Nine (9) years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cyber Security.
• Experience performing security tools maintenance as required.
• Ability to obtain public trust clearance.
- Optional Skills
• Experience in cyber government, and/or federal law enforcement.
• Change management (CRs, CCBs, etc)
• Security architecture development
• Customer requirements identification
• Operations and maintenance
• Performance metrics related to security operations
• Staffing and management responsibilities
• Experience identify new tools and/or required upgrades based on ROI
• Desired Certifications:
- SANS: GCIH, GCIA
- SEI: CSIH