- Job Title
- Grant Writer
- Job ID
- SAN ANTONIO, TX 78216-2812
- Other Location
Imagine joining a group of individuals — each with their own unique skills
and passions, but united by a common purpose.
Imagine yourself at Girl Scouts!Girl Scouts of Southwest Texas (GSSWT) is powered by more than 5,500 adult volunteers, and serves 14,500 girls in its 21-county area, including Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Kinney, Maverick, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson and Zavala.Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) is the world’s preeminent organization for girls, with a membership of 2.8 million girls and adults. Today, as when founded in 1912, Girl Scouting helps girls in grades K–12 practice leadership with grit like a go-getter, problem solve like an innovator, embrace new like a risk-taker and show empathy like a leader. In Girl Scouting, and its special girl-only environment, girls discover the fun, friendship and power of girls together.We are currently looking for energetic individuals who are ready help shape tomorrow’s leaders.Grants and Outcomes CoordinatorJob SummaryThe Grants and Outcomes Coordinator implements the council’s grant funding function, oversees grant data administration, and is responsible for the accurate tracking, reporting, and analysis of grant funding and other fundraising activities.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals of $100,000 or less to foundation, government and corporate sources (to include United Way).
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to qualify new funding sources.
- Provide stewardship to current foundation, government and corporate donors including written updates and inspirational site visits.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation, government and corporate donors.
- Coordinates the internal processes to complete, track and report grant calendars as well as grant management with mission delivery departments.
- Collects, manages, and maintains outcomes data derived from mission delivery departments.
- Functions as an advocate for the council by attending and coordinating community events, luncheons, etc. as well as other speaking events.
- Maintains donor database by entering case management information accurately and timely.
- Maintains volunteer system database by entering case management information accurately and timely.
- Performs additional duties as assigned in support of the council’s mission and goals.
- Bachelor's degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient with computer and Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Outlook, Word).
- The employee is required to maintain membership with Girl Scouts of the United States of America throughout the duration of their employment with GSSWT.
- Starting at $19/hour
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, GSSWT offers:
- Competitive pay.
- Continuous training.
- Medical coverage including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
- High energy, professional work environment.
GSSWT works to maintain the best possible environment for its employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. It strives to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.