BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values.
We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers.
When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Splunk Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Begin Date
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
The Splunk Engineer candidate should be familiar with recognizing and on boarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data. The candidate should be familiar with a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps. Team member will work with other Cyber Security Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards. The Splunk engineer will be required interact with senior management, as necessary.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 5+ years of experience in the Information Technology arena.
• 2+ years of experience in a Splunk engineering role supporting SOC or NOC environments
• 2+ Years of experience in Linux and SQL/ODBC interfaces
• 1+ Years of experience in app interface development, using REST APIs
• Experience with Ansible and GIT
• Knowledge of Splunk Clustering
• Proficient within a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps
• Ability to follow Change & Configuration Management
• Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning under pressure
• Self-starter with the ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
• Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages:
Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
• Splunk Certified Administrator Certification
Active US Government Security Clearance
- Optional Skills
• Experience in SQL
• Current or former completed Splunk training
• Experience in automating Splunk Deployments and orchestration with in a Cloud environment
• Experience in Linux environment
• Splunk Certified Architect Certification