BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Splunk SME
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
The Splunk SME candidate should be familiar with recognizing and on boarding new data sources into Splunk ES, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data. The candidate should be familiar with a Linux environment, editing, maintaining, and distributing Splunk configuration files and apps. Team member will work with other Cyber Security Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards. The Splunk engineer will be required interact with senior management, as necessary.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree coupled with 12+ years’ experience in the Information Technology arena.
• 4+ years of experience in a senior Splunk role
• 3+ Years experience in Linux
• 2+ Years experience in app interface development, using REST API’s
• Experience with Ansible & Python
• Previous project management experience
• ITIL Change & Configuration Management
• Splunk Architect II or higher Certification
- Optional Skills
• Experience in other systems and network management products
• Current or former completed Splunk PS Experience
• Experience with DevOps continuous integration pipelines
• RHCE or other Red Hat Linux Certifications