BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values.
We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers.
When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family.
We offer a competitive benefits package, to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Senior Splunk Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Splunk Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Begin Date
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
The Senior Splunk Engineer candidate should be familiar with recognizing and on-boarding new data sources into Splunk, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data. Team member should be familiar with a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps. The Splunk engineer will work with other Cyber Security Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards. The candidate will also be required interact with senior management, as necessary.
- Required Skills
Eduation/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree coupled with 7+ years’ experience in the Information Technology arena.
• 4+ years of experience in a senior Splunk role
• 3+ Years experience in Linux and SQL/ODBC interfaces
• 2+ Years experience in app interface development, using REST API’s
• Previous project management experience.
• ITIL Change & Configuration Management
- Optional Skills
• Experience in SQL
• Experience in other systems and network management products.
• Current or former completed Splunk training