BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Senior Security Engineer (CBP)
- Job Title
- Senior Security Engineer (CBP)
- Requirement ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
The Senior Security Engineer/SME candidate will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, implementation, maintenance, integration, and documentation of SOC infrastructure and SOC tool suite.
The candidate will be installing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network security solutions and related monitoring tools including L2/L3 network security devices, IDS/IPS, Full packet capture, DLP, Endpoint (AV, DLP, Endpoint Detection & Response), and infrastructure supporting SEIM (Splunk).
- Responsible for supporting LAN/WAN security solutions including creating and maintaining LAN/WAN security standards and design documentation
- Develop and assist with new LAN/WAN security applications and hardware as assigned.
- Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
- Strong written and oral communication with the ability to communicate with team members, management and customer.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
BS degree Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 7+ years of prior relevant experience.
Knowledge and experience engineering the following technologies:
• VPN Solutions
• Web Application Firewalls
• Content Filtering
Advanced working knowledge of the following:
• Encryption algorithms
• Secure communications
• SIEM technologies
• Embedded systems security.
• Network and data communication protocols.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field such as NIST, FISMA and Common Criteria regulations and standards.
• Experience with network based IDS/IPS and full packet capture technologies along with affiliated modes of operation.
• Recent Network Security Architecture Development.
• Experience performing gap analysis, identifying new tools and/or required upgrades based on ROI.
CISSP or one of
GCWN, GISF, GSSP, GICSP, CCSP, CSSLP,
SSCP, CCSNP, CCIE-Security, ECSP, MCSE-Security Expert.
Must have a current or be able to obtain a favorable Background Investigation (BI) before joining the program.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required
- Optional Skills
• Detailed knowledge of key cyber technologies such as RSA Security Analytics (Netwitness), Splunk, Sourcefire, DLP, EDR, AV, strong networking skills, Storage Area Network, and IPv6
• Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
• Redhat, Cisco or Microsoft, Security+, or Network+ certifications
• Cisco Hardware and Storage
• Expertise in Networking, Linux and Windows