BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
IR Day Shift II
- Job Title
- IR Day Shift II
- Requirement ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
The Incident Response candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Utilize state of the art technologies such as host forensics tools(FTK/Encase), Endpoint Detection & Response tools, log analysis (Splunk) and network forensics (full packet capture solution) to perform hunt and investigative activity to examine endpoint and network-based data.
- Conduct malware analysis, host and network, forensics, log analysis, and triage in support of incident response.
- Recognize attacker and APT activity, tactics, and procedures as indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and incident response.
- Develop and build security content, scripts, tools, or methods to enhance the incident investigation processes.
- Lead Incident Response activities and mentor junior SOC staff.
- Work with key stakeholders to implement remediation plans in response to incidents.
- Effectively investigative and identify root cause findings then communicate findings to stakeholders including technical staff, and leadership.
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning
- Ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years ExperienceL
• Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering Field, IT, or Cyber Security or related field
• 3+ years of experience be in the areas of incident detection and response, remediation malware analysis, or computer forensics.
• MUST have at least one of the following certifications:
SANS GIAC: GCIA, GCFA, GPEN GCFE, GREM, or GCIH ISC2 CCFP, CCSP, CISSP, CERT CSIH EC
Council: CHFI, Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP and OSEE Encase: EnCE, DOD 8570: IAT L3,
CNDSP Analyst or IR Carnegie Mellon: CSIH
• Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages: Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
- Optional Skills
• Experience in Federal Government, DOD or Law Enforcement in CND, IR or SOC role
• Cyber Kill Chain Knowledge