BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Splunk Engineer - Lead (CBP)
- Job Title
- Splunk Engineer - Lead (CBP)
- Requirement ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
The Splunk Engineer Lead candidate will provide overall engineering, and administration in supporting a very large distributed clustered Splunk environment consisting of search heads, indexers, deployers, deployment servers, heavy/universal forwarders and Splunk Enterprise Security premium app, spanning security, performance, and operational roles.
The role is a hands on, highly technical position performing and leading the automation of Splunk installation, and upgrades.
The candidate will lead the Enterprise Splunk team, Cyber security Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and provide assistance with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards.
In addition team member will onboard new data sources into Splunk, analyze the data for anomalies and trends, and build dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
Team member will be required interact with senior management, as necessary.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 7+ years of experience in the Information Technology arena with 5 years of experience serving as a senior Certified Splunk Architect
• Previous project management experience
• Ability to follow Change & Configuration Management
• Knowledge of Cloud Services such as AWS, Azure, Office365
• Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning under pressure
• Self-starter with the ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
• Splunk Certified Architect Certification
- Optional Skills
• Splunk Certifed Architect II
• Completed Splunk Certified Developer
• Strong automation skills - ansible, python,powershell
• Splunk Professional Experience