Hardware/Firmware Engineer (FPGA)
- Job Title
- Hardware/Firmware Engineer (FPGA)
- Requirement ID
- Begin Date
- New Jersey,
- Other Location
Position –Hardware/Firmware Engineer (FPGA)
Opportunity - 6 months Contract-Perm
Location - NJ - 25 Miles East of NYC
Start Date - ASAP
- Collaborating on requirements, architecture, design, development, and testing of the FPGA image processing and control logic for products.
- Writing clean, robust, maintainable, and documented RTL using best engineering practices
- Making sound tradeoffs between discrete circuits, gates and control software/firmware.
- For digital design tasks, candidate will debug digital hardware circuits using standard tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Given the diverse technologies involved, creative problem solving is a constant element of the job.
Skills required include:
- BSEE with 5 years (or MSEE with >3) of FPGA design experience
- Highly proficient in Verilog, or VHDL
- Familiarity with all stages of the FPGA design and development cycle
- Strong design, simulation, and implementation skills
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs and development tool chains.
- Ability to work effectively with modest supervision in a collaborative small team environment
- Ability and desire to learn quickly and apply that knowledge effectively
- Required Skills