We’re always looking for the right people
CT Technologist -PRN Days
- Job Title
- CT Technologist -PRN Days
- Job ID
- Cypress, TX
- Other Location
The Radiologic Technologist performs computed tomography procedures (CT), routine diagnostic x-rays and portable x-rays as ordered to assist in the diagnosis of disease or injury or the correction thereof. The Radiologic Technologist is an integral part of the America’s ER team, and is expected to assist with and perform various functions other than those in a traditional Radiology/CT setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all radiologic examinations as ordered by the Physician, utilizing proper technique, standards of practice, and approved protocols.
- Assist the Registered Nurse and Physician with performing basic patient care tasks and obtains and performs laboratory testing.
- Employees of America’s ER are expected to check their company email often. Email is the primary means of communication within the facility and administration.
- Radiologic Technologists are expected to greet patients and their family members when meeting them in a courteous and respectful manner. Maintaining eye contact, smiling, and speaking in a clear and respectful voice elicits a sense of professionalism and sets the tone for their experience at America’s ER.
- Punctuality and Professional appearance are of utmost importance to this role. Radiologic Technologists are expected to present to their station on time and dressed in the attire approved for the position as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Radiologic Technologists will, at times, come in direct contact will patients that may be ill. Radiologic Technologists are expected to comply with all Employee Health requirements as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- PRN (as needed) Radiologic Technologist is required to be available to work one Holiday/year and must give availability, at minimum, for 2 shifts per month. 1 of those shifts may be required to be a weekend shift (Saturday or Sunday).
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
- Maintain records, which demonstrate that proficiency-testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies and document all QC activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance.
- Follow the Laboratory’s policies whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Be able to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problem or notify the Facility Nurse Manager.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Radiology. Minimum 3 years experience with CT consistent with the types of studies that may be ordered in an Emergency Room.
- BLS certification
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology, AAS preferred.
- Registration with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, ARRT in Computed Tomography (CT).
- Current Certification with the Texas Medical Board.
- Maintain all credentials and continuing education requirements.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Mild to moderate noise levels.
- At times, employee may be required to stand, sit, run, kneel, reach above and/or below the waist, push and pull not limited to 100 pounds.